Section 1
2) Fair use is any coping of copyrighted material done for a limited and "transformative" purpose, such as to comment on upon, criticize, or parody a copyright work. Teachers may copy a page or a chapter from textbooks to post onto D2L.
3) No, yes, no, no, no
4) Always cite any and everything that isn't your own work.
Section 2
5) The practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
6) There are sites teachers can use where students have to submit their essays or papers, and it lets the teachers know. I think teachers know also by the whole body of a piece of work.
8) I plan on using the plagerism detectors. I will use it because I believe it's a good lesson for students to learn what and how to cite other's work.
Section 3
10) There are many risks when allowing students to access the internet, especially if there are no blocked pages. Students could go on their facebook pages or spend time watching videos on Youtube. Young students or really any students could possibly access pornography.
11) Many schools block a lot of sites. Websites such as facebook or any other social media site will be blocked. There are also ways that as an educator, I can keep track of what my students are viewing.
12) I found a filter called Cybersitter. This is what I would use as a teacher. I will also stress the importance of the responsible use of the internet.
Section 4
14) I agree with teacher doing this and I think it's a good idea. Anything can happen with computers and software so I think it's smart for teachers to be prepared.
17) I agree that they should be able to copy what they can't afford. If it's mandated that students have to be proficient then I believe this is allowed.
18) I don't think that's legal. I feel like students could then make extra copies of the software.
Section 5
19) I agree that this is fair use. The students will have to cite their sources.
21) I agree that it is fair use as long as the student properly cite their websites.
22) I agree this is fair use because it's for a project and it's only clips. If the technology coordinator used the whole song and he didn't pay for it then it wouldn't be fair use. The coordinator still has to cite the clips he used.
Section 6
25) I don't agree that this is fair use. You can't record a whole show and use the whole thing for a project.
26) I don't think it's fair use unless they can cite somehow where they got the original video from.
27) This is permissible because they actually bought the videos.
Section 7)
29) This is not fair use. I don't think you can just copy anything you want.
30) Yes this is permissible. I think they have to get permission from the local businesses to post online.
31) This is fair use because the student is just using it for a project.
Section 8
34)I would talk to the principle first and let her know what happened. Then I would also talk to the technology facilitator to find out if I could be liable. I don't think I would be liable because I'm not the one who copied it. I also would get back all the copies from the other teachers.
Section 9
36) The Children's Internet Protection Act requires that K-12 schools and libraries in the United States use internet filters and implement other measures to protect children from harmful online content as a condition for federal funding.
37) The Digital Millenium Copyright Act is a 1998 US law intended to update copyright law for electronic commerce and electronic content providers. It criminalizes the circumvention of electronic and digital copyright protection systems.
38) The Technology, Education and Copyright Harmonization Act of 2002, known as the TEACH Act, is an act of the United States Congress. The importance of the TEACH Act stems from the previous copyright laws that allow educators to copy documents or use copyright materials in a face-to-face classroom setting.
No comments:
Post a Comment